A call came into the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Office just after 11 a.m.
“Ellen L. Gordon, 59, of Hayward, Wis., was pronounced dead at the scene, St. Croix County Sheriff Captain Jeffrey Klatt told the Twin Cities Pioneer Press. “Six people with injuries were taken to area hospitals by ambulance, and a seventh person was flown by helicopter to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. That person’s condition is not known.”
According to Klatt, a preliminary investigation on the crash was performed. Results of that investigation indicated that a 2010 Ford Fusion that was traveling west on Highway 64 crossed the center line and struck a 2010 Ford F-150 that was traveling east on 64 head-on.
“Gordon was driving the Fusion, Klatt said. She was wearing a seat belt,” the article reads. “A passenger in the Fusion, Sheila A. Barber, 49, of Couderay, Wis., was evacuated by helicopter with injuries, he said.”
Six people were traveling in the F-150. Darren L. Smith, 46, of Glenwood City, Wisconsin, was injured and taken to Westfields Hospital in New Richmond, Wisconsin.
According to the article, the other occupants of the F-150 included the following people:
- JoAnn M. Smith, 55, of Glenwood City was taken to Regions
- Judith M. Coyer, 74, of Glenwood City, was taken to Westfields
- Denise L. Smith, 51, of Glenwood City, was taken to Westfields
- William W. Wolff, 52, of Adrian, Missouri, was taken to Regions
- Deanna L. Wolff, 54, of Adrian, Missouri, was taken to Regions
No other information about the condition of those injured was released.
“JoAnn Smith and William and Deanna Wolff were not wearing seat belts; Coyer and Denise Smith were,” Klatt said in the article.
Highway 64 between 128th Street and 310th Street was closed to traffic in both directions for about 4 hours following the crash. That section of the highway reopened just before 3:30 p.m.
Latest posts by Randy Rozek (see all)
- ATTORNEY RANDY ROZEK Selected for Brain Injury Preferred Attorney Program in WISCONSIN - August 20, 2019
- How Do You Get Your Clients? - October 31, 2018
- Wisconsin Rideshare Accident Lawyer - October 8, 2018